Shipping & Return Policy
EMF is located in Canada, which means our products have to clear customs when going across the border to our American or our Overseas Friends. Along with customs comes Brokerage Fees. Unfortunately there is no way around this as it is part of the exporting process. The good news is in the 90's there came the NAFTA agreement which means anything made by us will be free of DUTY charges to the US. There still is brokerage, however and that differs depending on who you use and how much the commercial invoice is for.
When you choose Canada Post (USPS) it usually includes the costs of brokerages in the shipping amount. Very seldom do I have to pay a "handling fee" and even then the most I've ever paid was $10 when I picked up the package.
When you choose UPS or Purolator (which turns into UPS when it crosses the border) they will unfortunately have to tack on that brokerage bill and you might see a COD charge when picking up your package. This is your warning that this may occur and EMF is not responsible for covering this charge.
I do my best to give every single customer their tracking information and sometimes a package can get temporarily stuck or lost... once again, EMF is not at fault for this happening but let me know and I will contact the shipping company to see whats up.
SHIPPING TIMES QUOTED ON THE WEBSITE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES SUCH AS STAT HOLIDAYS OR WEATHER DELAYS. THESE ARE OUT OF OUR CONTROL AND AT NO FAULT OUR OWN.
EMF will allow an authorized return or replacement of a product if there is a warranty issue even if you purchase from one of our Approved Dealers. If you order from EMF Online or over the phone and we make the mistake of sending the wrong part to you, please contact us directly and we will guide you through the process of the return.
All authorized returns must have an RMA number associated with it and we must receive the items back before issuing a credit or replacement. Please package items well to avoid damaging the product or the threads upon return. Shipping companies use boxes as footballs so please keep this in mind. PACKAGE WELL. Any damaged threads or parts we receive back will result in a surcharge.
If you have purchased the wrong parts in error, they have not been installed and you wish to trade them for other ones, we will allow a one-time trade. You are responsible for the shipping costs of returning them and the shipping costs of sending out the new parts. Once again, we cannot stress any more - PLEASE PACKAGE WELL. Any damage that occurs during shipping due to improper packaging will result more charges to cover the replacement costs of those parts we can no longer use to resell. Please contact us first for an RMA number.
EMF WILL NO LONGER ACCEPT RETURNS BECAUSE A CUSTOMER DECIDED THEY DID NOT WANT THEM ANYMORE OR THEY SOLD THEIR TRUCK BEFORE PUTTING THEM IN. WE WILL ONLY ACCEPT RETURNS IF THERE IS A WARRANTY ISSUE, DEFECTIVE MERCHANDISE, EMF SHIPPED THE WRONG PARTS IN ERROR OR WE ARE ISSUING A ONE-TIME TRADE FOR DIFFERENT PARTS (IE: YOU NEEDED OVERSIZED AND BOUGHT REGULAR). SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS.
RETURNING ALLEGED DEFECTIVE MERCHANDISE THAT HAS BEEN USED OR INSTALLED
Subject to the terms of our Limited Warranty, alleged defective merchandise that has been used or installed may be returned for inspection and warranty determination with these conditions:
- No returns without a copy of original invoice.
- No returns on partial or incomplete kit or used tools.
- Whole kits being returned must include any instructions.
- No refunds on electrical, special order, custom made, installed parts, manuals, videos, or used tools unless truly defective.
- No returns after 30 days except for defective items.
- Returns that require cleaning or repackaging due to customer handling may, on a case-by-case basis, be charged a restock fee of up to 20%. (example: greasy fingerprints on package and/or part that will need to be cleaned off before returning to stock)
- Authorization must be obtained prior to returning any merchandise. A Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number will be given to you upon approval by calling or texting 1(403)935-3540, Monday through Friday, 8am – 5pm MST or emailing us at email@example.com. The RGA number must appear clearly on the outside of the package you are returning. All item(s) must be unused and postmarked for return within 7 calendar days after RGA is issued to customer or item(s) will cease to be eligible for credit or refund and will be refused upon receipt.
Please write the RGA number clearly on the outside of the package of the item(s) to be returned and return fully insured and duty paid via Canada Post / USPS to:
Returns: EMF Rod Ends & Steering Components
PO Box 651, Irricana, Alberta T0M1B0
Or if shipping by UPS, Fedex, DHL or any other company (remember it needs to be duty paid as we are not responsible for any duties or customs fees when returning your items)
Returns: EMF Rod Ends & Steering Components
203-304 Main Street Square, Suite 428 Airdrie, Alberta T4B 3C3
- Merchandise being returned must come back freight prepaid, insured, duty paid in original packaging with proper protection for the parts, and with a copy of the original invoice enclosed. If the items are not insured and the shipping company loses the package, you lose your refund.
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).